[Live-devel] Support required for Live555 Media Server

Nambirajan nambirajan.manickam at i-velozity.com
Sat Apr 13 03:09:12 PDT 2013

Dear Mr. Ross Finlayson,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

1.       We want to run two instances of Live555 Media Server in a system
simultaneously with two different IP addresses. Example one with 192.168.1.2
and other with 10.0.0.2.

Is it possible and how can we achieve this?

2.       Can you please tell us whether running Live555 Media Sever on
different configuration systems will affect the number of RTSP streams it
can stream to multiple clients.

Example like 50 streams max on a Pentium Dual Core system and 100 streams
max in a Pentium Core 2 Duo system

3.       When running each instance in a client, the CPU utilization seems
to go up as follows. Approximately on a Pentium Core 2 Duo system serving 60
clients it takes 95%. CPU utilization ( Live555 Media Server )

It takes roughly 1.5% CPU utilization time per client. We are using OpenRTSP
as client running on different system. Is Live555 Media Server is CPU
intensive application?

Thanks and regards,

M. Nambirajan