[Live-devel] saving incoming RTP A/V stream as MPEG-2 transport stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 18 11:51:57 PDT 2013

> I tried it and I still get a stack overflow.

Grumble.  What's happening here is not infinite recursion, but 'lots of' recursion - caused by the fact that some of your input frames (H.264, presumably) are so ridiculously large.

Once again: A reminder to everyone who is encoding and streaming H.264 video: DO NOT encode your H.264 NAL units to be more than a few 10s of kBytes in size.

But you can overcome this 'lots of' recursion stack overflow by changing line 83 of "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor.cpp" from
	afterGetting(this);
	envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(0, (TaskFunc*)FramedSource::afterGetting, this);

Unfortunately, this will make the code (slightly) less efficient - but I'll make this change in the next release of the software.