[Live-devel] saving incoming RTP A/V stream as MPEG-2 transport stream

Markus Schumann markuss at sonicfoundry.com
Thu Apr 18 13:54:26 PDT 2013

VLC recognizes the correct length but no video and no audio.
I am comparing the live555 saved file with a "clean" mpeg-2 TS file from my video camera.

On the video camera each I-frame is "prefixed" with AUD, SPS, PPS and the other picture types (P and B) are prefixed with AUD and PPS.
The PES structure is PES[AUD, SPS, PPS, I-frame, AUD, PPS, B-frame], PES[AUD,PPS,B-frame, AUD,PPS,P-frame] ...
I wonder If I could hook somewhere into your TS generation and inject  a few AUs, also discard everything up to the first I-frame and get control over the PES borders.

Thanks
Markus.