[Live-devel] Concurrent streaming in Live555 Media Server

Nambirajan nambirajan.manickam at i-velozity.com
Sun Apr 21 21:21:42 PDT 2013

Dear Mr. Ross Finlayson,

We are running Live555 Media Server on a RedHat Linux 6 version. Our
Hardware is Intel Pentium Core2 Duo processor running at 2.93 GHz with 2 GB
RAM.

We are running client application  ( openRTSP ) on multiple systems. We are
observing this issue.

We are launching one by one openRTSP client on systems. The Live555 Media
Server is running on our Server.

On each client application launch on the client system, the CPU usage slowly
increases on the Server.

For example for the first client launch, the CPU utilization on the Server
goes to 1.3 ~ 1.7%. When we reach 63

client put together on different system, the CPU usage in the Server system
reaches 92%.

The movie freezes on the first client system. We are not able to understand
the issue.

We are trying to increase the scalability of the Live555Media Server to
handle 5000 to 10000 client simultaneously.

Can you please give us a clue to handle this issue.

Thanks for your continuous support.

Best Regards,

M. Nambirajan