[Live-devel] decodeURL error

Conchi Abasolo conchi.ap at vaelsys.com
Mon Apr 22 03:15:41 PDT 2013

Hello,

After seeing a strange behaviour of the library decoding '%<hex><hex>'
sequences in RTSP URL stream names, it seems to be an error in the
decodeURL method at RTSPCommon.cpp

You can see the following sentences at the code:

// We saw a % followed by 2 hex digits, so we copy the literal hex value
into the URL, then advance the cursor past it:
      char hex[3];
      hex[0] = cursor[1];
      hex[2] = cursor[2];
      hex[3] = '\0';

The indexes of the "hex" array are wrong, it goes from 0 to 2, without
saving any value at "1" position,  must be as follows

// We saw a % followed by 2 hex digits, so we copy the literal hex value
into the URL, then advance the cursor past it:
      char hex[3];
      hex[0] = cursor[1];
      hex[1] = cursor[2];
      hex[2] = '\0';

Could you please fix this in next releases?

Thank you in advance,
Conchi