[Live-devel] RTSPClient WRT connection to rtsp server (camera)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 29 13:40:06 PDT 2013

> Note that our proxy server code already monitors and keeps alive the connection to each of its 'back end' server.  This is not something that you need to handle separately.
>
> Yes, and we are relying on that code to reconnect to the camera.  What I was looking for was a connection status event

Right now the only way to do this would be to parse the debugging output from the proxy server when you ask for 'verbose output' - i.e., if you give "live555ProxyServer" the -V option, or set "verbosityLevel" to 2 in the call to "ProxyServerMediaSession::createNew()".

If you want to do something more sophisticated, then you'll need to write your own class - similar to "ProxyServerMediaSession" - that adds your own monitoring code.