[Live-devel] memory leaks destroying RTSPClient ?

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Thu Aug 1 11:00:18 PDT 2013

            Hi Ross,

Using your last release 2013.07.31, I faced a memory leak.

Debugging show that
RTSPClient::~RTSPClient
            -> RTPInterface::clearServerRequestAlternativeHandler with socketNum = -1
-> RTPInterface::setServerRequestAlternativeHandler
            -> lookupServerDescriptor
                        -> create env->liveMediaPriv and add -1 in the hashMap

Next the call to UsageEnvironment::reclaim doesnot call its private destructor because a socket is still registered.

Adding in the RTSPClient destructor if (fInputSocketNum != -1) RTPInterface::clearServerRequestAlternativeHandler(envdir(),fInputSocketNum) make the leaks disappear.

I suspect either a problem with the last setServerRequestAlternativeHandler modification or it is now needed to do something before deleting an RTSPClient ?

Sorry for the telegraphic mail !

Thanks for your support,

            Michel.

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]