[Live-devel] testH264VideoToTransportStream Frame Rates

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 14 10:58:53 PDT 2013

> What's wrong with just rewriting the timing information in the stream. I don't know H.264 internals, but in MPEG-2 terms, wouldn't scaling all the PTS and DTS values by 2.5x give the desired result?

Perhaps, but I'm not really sure what he 'desires'.  Scaling the timing values without dropping any frames would produce a video that plays 'slowly' - i.e., a video that used to last 10 seconds would now last 25 seconds.  But if he wants the video to to have a lower frame rate, without looking 'slow', then he'd need to decode/reencode the video.

In any case, this is all off-topic for this mailing list.