[Live-devel] authorizing users

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Aug 17 20:49:58 PDT 2013

> In our case, each stream will have different set of username-passwd combination. In other words, username/passwd combination of “Stream-1” should not be allowed to access “Stream-2”, and so on. In our case, username could be same across streams, as they are derived from the cameras whose streams are being proxy-ed.

That's ridiculous.  What happens if two different 'back end' streams happen to have the same username *and* password?

I've never heard of *any* access control mechanism that allows two different users to use the same username, but with different passwords.  Providing such a system would not only weaken security, it would also cause confusion, because noone is going to expect this.  But it's a moot point, because we don't (can't) support this, even if you reimplement "specialClientUserAccessCheck()", because our RTSP server code assumes that each username has one - and only one - password.  Sorry.