[Live-devel] Open RTSP and video file splitting...

julien@nomadsystems julien at nomadsystems.com.au
Mon Aug 19 03:33:09 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to do exactly what Matteo Lisi has tried to do a few years back
( 20th Dec 2010 - Under the same post title, but different thread ).

I need to split an RTSP feed into multiple files of 30 seconds. I have done
what has been suggested in the thread by sub-classing "QuickTimeFileSink"
and in the "QuickTimeFileSink::afterGettingFrame" ( after sync point )
re-open a new file without stopping the RTSP session.

I indeed get the data into multiple files of 30 seconds, BUT the stream
doesn't seem to be in the right spot to re-start the new files. So in
consequence only the first file is playable.

Do you have any suggestion(s) to help me resolve this issue please ?

Cheers,
Julien
Sni