[Live-devel] The Speex over RTP

Lan Zang zanglan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 07:17:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to send out the speex encoded audio data via RTP. I read the mail you sent long time ago. Since speex over RTP requires no extra headers, so, I used SimpleRTPSink as the sink class.
However the player (I am using ffmpeg/ffplay) can not play the video properly. It complains about multiple frames in the RTP packet. I googled around and I found that the speex over RTP (RFC5574) reqiures that the single speex frame, which is 38 octets long when using 8k sample rate and default quality, can not be broken into 2 RTP packets. So, I wonder if there is any method in SimpleRTPSink to control the single frame kept in the same RTP packet? Or I just need to write a new classed derived from MultiFramedRTPSink and rewrite the method afterGettingFrame1()?

Regards,
Lan Zang(Sander)