[Live-devel] TS Mux data sync.

Alex Chernilov Alexc at optibase.com
Tue Aug 20 13:29:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm very new to Live555, so it seems that I'm missing something very
basic.
I'm trying to mux a H264 elementary stream along with the private data
into MPEG TS.  It should be done offline, with 2 files - video and data.
I've added the support for data in the MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor (
PMT and other stuff ), and this works. The problem is that I only get
data packets inserted in the resulted file until the first video packet
(something like 5 packets). After that, only video packets are present.
If I disable video input, all data packets are present, with correct
PTSs.
This is how I tried to do it:
1.       Created a H264VideoStreamFramer
2.       Created a DataStreamFramer (based on the FramedFilter)
3.       Created a MyStreamFromESSource (based on Mux, so I could add
not only video and audio)
4.       Added Video and Data sources ( addNewVideoSource,
addNewDataSource)
5.       In my DataStreamFramer, I implemented  a parser which extracts
a timing info from the data and aligns it with the "wall clock".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alex