[Live-devel] Request near live video playback for RTSP session

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 23 11:16:18 PDT 2013

> The video is still being written and recorded.  I want to seek to the end and tell it to play from the very end and continue on from there.
>
> Is there a way I can do this?

Likely not.  The RTSP standard *does* include a mechanism for requesting this - namely, asking for a range of "npt=now-" (*not* npt=-1-); however, our RTSP client software does not support this, and neither does our RTSP server software.  (You haven't said whether you are using our software as a RTSP client, a RTSP server, or both; however, in neither case does it currently support this.)