[Live-devel] Issue in ProxyServerMediaSession

Subhankar Saha Subhankar_Saha at mindtree.com
Wed Aug 28 11:26:16 PDT 2013

Helllo Ross,

We are facing a crash with ProxyServerMediaSession code, regarding which we would appreciate your help.

Scenario:

-          32 backend cameras being proxy-ed, bitrate around ~500 Kbps from each

-          Connection to backend camera is in RTP over RTSP (TCP) mode

-          Each stream is accessed by 2 downstream clients (UDP mode)

-          Network bandwidth is often loaded, resulting in client not receiving data for good duration

-          As a result, if clients don't receive data for 10 seconds, they disconnect

-          At ProxyServerMediaSession, this results in calling 'closeStreamSource', whereby PAUSE command is being sent to backend camera

-          The backend cameras do not support PAUSE commands

-          After a timeout, downstream clients reattempt connection, which results in sending PLAY command to backend camera

-          However, backend camera is for some reason is unresponsive, or, there is a lot of data being handled

-          'scheduleLivenessCommand' gets called, which sends OPTIONS command, for which no reply is received

-          So, next connections are reset, and a DESCRIBE is sent

-          This is where the crash happens (rather, this is the last print I see, no replay for DESCRIBE is received)

OS is Windows. I will try to gather a stack trace somehow running in Debug mode tomorrow. But, would you have an idea where things could be going wrong?

Does camera not supporting PAUSE command make any difference?

Regards,
Subhankar.