[Live-devel] All client streams slow down when using two live proxies connected together.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 4 13:52:17 PST 2013

In your previous message, you mentioned the possibility - in the "RTPInterface::sendDataOverTCP()" function - of the "send()" call succeeding in delivering partial (but not complete) data.  I have had no other reports of this ever happening, but - on looking at the code - I realized that the code was not allowing for this possibility.

So, I have now released a new version of the code (2013.12.04) that should properly handle this possibility.  Please upgrade to this new version (but also stop streaming over slow networks; you shouldn't be putting yourself in this situation to begin with!).

BTW, you also said:
> Most clients seem to handle this but if your client is based off of the reference source (osrtspserver) it will fail.

What is "osrtspserver"?  I have never heard of this.  In any case, the RTSP (and RTP/RTCP) protocol is defined by an IETF RFC, and does not have a 'reference source'.  Whatever "osrtspserver" is, it is no more legitimate than any other implementation.