[Live-devel] RTSPClient reconnection

Adrian Kovacs A.Kovacs at Noldus.NL
Mon Dec 9 07:07:05 PST 2013

Hi,

I would like to handle the event, when the connection to RTSP server lost and the connection is restored. I can detect, when the connection is lost with sending a command to RSTP server and check the response result code.

RTSPClient* pClient;

pClient->sendOptionsCommand(CheckResponse, NULL);

void CheckResponse(RTSPClient* pRTSPClient, int resultCode, char* resString)

{

    if (resultCode < 0)

    {

        //connection lost

    }

}

I can also detect, when the connection restored, when the result code again becomes 0. The problem is that I don't get frames anymore after connection restored. I debugged why this happens, and I noticed, that in BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep (line 138) the socket is not readable.

The question is that can I somehow get frames again with the active event loop, or should I clear everything and start a new event loop after reconnection?

Adrian