[Live-devel] I found a critical potential error in file MatroskaFileParser.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 9 13:19:20 PST 2013

> I found a critical potential error in file "MatroskaFileParser.cpp", but I don't know how to inform the author to fix it. The error is in line 29 (the build of Dec. 5, 2013), the warning like below:
>
> matroskafileparser.cpp(29): warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list

No, this is not a "critical potential error".  It's not even an "error".  It is a compiler *warning* (usually given by some old versions of Microsoft's Visual C++ compiler).

But there is nothing wrong with the code, and I don't know why your compiler is 'warning' you about it.  There is nothing for you to worry about here.