[Live-devel] ProxyServer (Proposed Option)

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Tue Dec 10 06:15:31 PST 2013

I would like to propose the addition of a new option to ProxyServer. The
proposed option would be to add the ability to use the SET_PARAMETER
command for streams that are running on ProxyServer.

This is option is being proposed for an application/user specific need,
however, there may be other use cases / implementations that could benefit
from this functionality.

Desired Functionality:

Have an option for PorxyServer to send a SET_PARAMETER command with a user
defined message in the body to an existing back-end server whenever a new
client connection is initiated with a ProxyServer stream.

Example Use Case:

Axis cameras with H264 (Ver 5.x firmware) have an API option that provides
the ability to force an I-frame during an existing session using the
SET_PARAMETER command. In this particular case a SET_PARAMETER command is
sent with the following option in the body:

Renew-Stream: yes

As mentioned, this proposal is obviously for a specific use case and may or
may not have a broad enough appeal to warrant addition to the live555
library. With that said, if there is anyone on this mailing-list interested
in taking on a project to subclass this type of functionality I would be
very interested in an off-line discussion.

Ross,

If this is something that is of interest or merits inclusion into "Live555
Streaming Media"
I would be more than glad to support another "Funded Project".

Thanks,

Bob

--

Bob Bischan

Manager (Operations/Software Development)

*WATCHTOWER SECURITY, INC.*

2418 Northline Industrial Drive
Maryland Heights, MISSOURI 63043

314 427 4586 office

314 330 9001 cell

314 427 8823 fax

www.watchtower-security.com

*“Protecting your community and those you value most.”*