[Live-devel] sub-classing ProxyServerMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Dec 14 22:48:09 PST 2013

On Dec 10, 2013, at 1:53 PM, Craig Matsuura <cmatsuura at vivint.com> wrote:

> One working on sub classing ProxyServerMediaSession and also sub classing ProxyRTSPClient.  I have overridden the createNewProxyRTSPClient().  The problem I'm having is the createNewProxyRTSPClient() is called from the constructor of the ProxyServerMediaSession, and the method I just overrode is not being called.

FYI, I've just installed a new version (2013.12.15) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software that changes the API for creating a new object of your "ProxyRTSPClient" subclass.

Now, you do the following:
- Define your own subclass of "ProxyRTSPClient", as before
- Define your own function
	ProxyRTSPClient* myCreateNewProxyRTSPClientFunc(ProxyServerMediaSession& ourServerMediaSession,
								char const* rtspURL,
								char const* username, char const* password,
								portNumBits tunnelOverHTTPPortNum, int verbosityLevel,
								int socketNumToServer)
  that returns a new object of your "ProxyRTSPClient" subclass.
- Define your own subclass of "ProxyServerMediaSession".
- In the constructor of your subclass of "ProxyServerMediaSession", pass your new function "myCreateNewProxyRTSPClientFunc" as the final parameter to the constructor of the parent class (i.e., "ProxyServerMediaSession").

(For more details, see "liveMedia/include/ProxyServerMediaSession.hh")