[Live-devel] Regarding the timestamp of device source

Tony fantasyvideo at 126.com
Tue Dec 24 01:46:32 PST 2013

but unfortunately, vlc also shows that the g711 audio is late.

At 2013-12-24 08:15:00,"Ross Finlayson" <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

I saw the DeviceSource code in live555 project.
I found that the the fPresentationTime would be set by gettimeofday when doGetNextFrame is called.
I remembered you said the fPresentationTime must be same at the first time,        So how should it sync audio and video?

If the "fPresentationTime" value is accurate, and aligned with 'wall clock time' (the time that you'd get by calling "gettimeofday()"), then audio/video synchronization will happen automatically - see http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#separate-rtp-streams