[Live-devel] RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP. Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"

Roman Gaufman hackeron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:45:27 PST 2013

I have 4 HD cameras on my network, 2 chinese, 1 d-link and 1 sony. All
cameras work as expected except the D-Link one which I'm connecting to over
wireless.

I just see an endless loop of:

RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"
RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"
RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"
RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"
RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP.
Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"

The wireless camera is the only one affected.

I am using a version 2013.01.25

I am using this command to connect to the camera: ./live555ProxyServer -t
rtsp://admin:@192.168.0.217/live1.sdp

Any ideas?