[Live-devel] SEGV handling GET_PARAMETER response.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 8 09:47:57 PST 2013

> In this context we are in RTSPClient.cpp around 1555 :
>
>       // If we saw a "Content-Length:" header, then make sure that we have the amount of data that it specified:
>       unsigned bodyOffset = nextLineStart - headerDataCopy;
>       bodyStart = &fResponseBuffer[bodyOffset];
>       numBodyBytes = fResponseBytesAlreadySeen - bodyOffset;
>       if (contentLength > numBodyBytes) {
>
> Gdb says that nextLineStart is NULL, bodyOffset is a big number, and finally bodyStart point a non allocated memory (that raise a SEGV).
>
> Do you think if is possible to add check nextLineStart before using it :

Instead, please replace the line
	unsigned bodyOffset = nextLineStart - headerDataCopy;
with
	unsigned bodyOffset = nextLineStart == NULL ? fResponseBytesAlreadySeen : nextLineStart - headerDataCopy;

If you still have a problem after this change, please let me know.  (Otherwise I'll make that change in the next release of the software.)