[Live-devel] SubClassing "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 14 07:17:20 PST 2013

First, DO NOT post the same question to the list multiple times.  This is a basic violation of 'netiquette' that everyone should know, and is explained clearly in the FAQ (that everyone is asked to read before posting to the mailing list).  You have (effectively) posted the same question to the list three times.  Because of this, all future postings from you (and anyone else from "interfaceinfosoft.com") will be moderated.

My answer to the original question was very clear:

> The existing "LIVE 555 Proxy Server" can *already* stream concurrently from multiple back-end servers.  It does this as a single-threaded application (using an event loop, rather than threads, for concurrency)

> But the issue is that if am receiving one stream from backend rtsp server and then i want another stream to receive i call the proxy server media with new env and scheduler and without calling the do event loop again.

As I explained before, you do not need to (and should not) do this.  You can receive from multiple streams using a *single* event loop, and thus a *single* "UsageEnvironment" and "TaskScheduler".  All operations (including your 'stop' operation) are performed by handling events from within the (single) event loop.

As explained in the FAQ, you *can* run multiple threads, each with their own "UsageEnvironment" and "TaskScheduler".  However, if you do this, these threads must not interact (except perhaps via global variables).  So, that's probably not what you want.