[Live-devel] Streaming RTSP and pulling single frames

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Feb 14 08:33:45 PST 2013

I allow snapshots from my video to be saved when  a user pauses and navigates to a frame.
This is done by encodeing the RGB image into a JPEG image with avcodec.

I also allow pulling a snapshot from a file at a timestamp.
In this case I navigate to the closest keyframe, decode it from h264 and enode to JPEG and offer it up for view or save.

H264 like mpeg4 deals with keyframes and difference frames so you must find the frames with the nal types [7][8] and [5] and send all three to the decoder for it to know how to decode it.

This message and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information, and may contain privileged information, belonging to one or more affiliates of Windy City Wire Cable & Technology Products, LLC. No privilege is waived by this transmission. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any printouts or copies of it, and notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone.