[Live-devel] Connection failure - socket error 10057

Erlandsson, Claes P (CERLANDS) CERLANDS at arinc.com
Wed Feb 20 11:12:15 PST 2013

Once in a while, about 1 out of maybe 3000 connections, I notice a
connection failure. The client runs on Windows.

The DESCRIBE response handler receives resultCode -10057 and resultString
"Unknown error". I first suspected the server was to blame by not
responding, but when I look at socket error 10057 the description says
"Socket is not connected." (WSAENOTCONN), which sounds like a client issue.
I btw don't know why it says -10057, but assume it is socket error 10057.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyone have more insight in why/when this socket error occur?

/Claes