[Live-devel] Vorbis and config parse

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Thu Feb 28 03:28:28 PST 2013

Ok, thanks for the hint.

> BTW, if, for testing, you need a RTSP Vorbis audio (and VP8 video)
> stream, then you can use the "LIVE555 Media Server" to stream a  ".webm"

Yes, that's what I am doing.
I took some sample here :
http://www.webmfiles.org/demo-files/

However, I don't understand the length field in the packed structure
defined in section 3.2.1
I tried with your server and VLC.
VLC set it to the total length of the Packed Headers
Your server set it to the length of the first header minus 8.

For example, when streaming this file :
http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm
Once converted into binary format, the total length of the configuration
field is : 3106
If we remove the 4 byte count field, the length of the first (and only
one) packed header is 3102.
VLC set its length field to 3106
Your server set it to 3094

Regards,