[Live-devel] live555 server and webm issue

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Thu Feb 28 07:25:53 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

While testing your server with webm files, I noticed a strange bug.
When I launch the server (testOnDemandRTSPServer), the first time I try
to view the webm stream (/webmFileTest) is always working well.
But then, when I try to view this stream again, I see a lot of error (in
VLC).
And I have to relaunch your server to make it work again.

So I tried to connect with your client (openRTSP) and I noticed that on
the first launch, the ouput files (audio-VORBIS-2 video-VP8-1) have a
good size (more or less the same size than the original test.webm), but
on the second try, the size is far less (like half the size), and each
time I try again the size decrease.
If I restart the server, I get 2 files with correct size (audio-VORBIS-2
video-VP8-1).

So I think it is a bug in the server.

The file I am streaming is :
http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm

This bug does not affect mpeg2TransportStreamTest for example. I always
have the same output.

Regards,
Sebastien.