[Live-devel] RTSP/1.0 454 Session Not Found

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 2 10:00:58 PST 2013

> Thanks for the reply. You are right: I had done some other modificactions to the code. But here is the same problem with the plain proxyServer executable (see attached log).

It's not quite the "plain proxyServer", because - once again - you have turned on unnecessary debugging "printf"s, producing a long and confusing log.  It would have been far clearer if you had started by doing absolutely *no* modifications to the code - not even defining DEBUG - and just running "live555ProxyServer" with the -V flag.

But anyway, what's happening here is that:
1/ Your back-end server (camera) is not properly recognizing RTCP "RR" packets - coming from the proxy - as indicating that its client (i.e., the proxy) is still alive.  Consequently, your back-end server (camera) is timing out and closing the (back-end) session that comes from the proxy, even though the proxy is still alive.
2/ Our proxy server is noticing that the back-end stream has closed, but is not handling this as cleanly as it should.  That's why subsequent RTSP commands from the proxy to the back-end server are generating "454 Session Not Found" responses.

I can probably update the proxy server implementation to deal with both of these situations better.  However, because the fundamental problem here is your broken (non-compliant) back-end server (i.e., camera), this is not a super high priority for me.