[Live-devel] RTP unicast

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 3 02:01:03 PST 2013

> I have some device that is capable only to push RTP by multicast or unicast. Is there a way to use live555ProxyServer or anyting else to serve content to multiple clients.

You can't use a proxy RTSP server, because that requires the input have its own RTSP server.  However, with a little programming, you can use our regular RTSP server implementation.

I suggest you look at the code for our "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application, noting in particular how we implement the "mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest" stream.  You would probably need to write your own "ServerMediaSubsession" subclass, depending on what codec(s) your input source uses.