[Live-devel] RTSP/1.0 404 File Not Found, Or In Incorrect Format

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 3 13:05:01 PST 2013

> welcome.wav still doesn't stream, and since file shows:
>
> # file welcome.wav
> welcome.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft
> PCM

That's presumably the problem.  Our WAV file parsing code can't handle WAV files that contain 'Microsoft PCM' (whatever that is), because I don't think there is a standard RTP payload format defined for how to stream this.

Our WAV file parsing code recognizes regular PCM, PCMU (i.e., u-law), PCMA (i.e., a-law), and IMA ADPCM WAV files only.  (Fortunately these are by far the most commonly-seen types of WAV file.)