[Live-devel] re-streaming rtsp

Castelino, Reynel Reynel.Castelino at fike.com
Fri Jan 4 03:01:30 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

May be you can shed light on this. We receive RTSP streams from cameras ( e.g. rtsp://10.0.0.27:554/codec-h264/channel0.sdp) that we wish to re-stream over a http tunnel (and use a nonstandard http port e.g. 9100). Is this possible using Live555 Media Server. Tried using the proxy server but it doesn’t fit the bill. We have also looked at VLC( libvlc). On some forums you do mention that RTSP over HTTP is supported but I think that’s on client side.

Thanks
Reynel Castelino

Engineer, FIKE