[Live-devel] Can live555 read RTP data from ffmpeg?

Lan Zang zanglan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 06:00:52 PST 2013

Ross,

Thanks for quick reply. I am trying to simplify my question, so, there might be some errors in my description.
I am not actually using a plain media file. I get video from camera and encode them by "ffmpeg". The weird thing about ffmpeg is that although the ffmpeg command options say that the output is RTP. Through the captured udp packets, it is not. The output are mpeg ts data over UDP directly, and one group fo UDP data have been fragmented into several UDP packets. So, in this case, shall I use BasicUDPSource instead of SimpleRTPSource as source? Can BasicUDPSource handle fragmented UDP data?

Regards,
Lan Zang(Sander)