[Live-devel] negative presentation time in "afterGettingFrame" sink callback

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jan 13 11:15:57 PST 2013

You haven't said specifically how you are using our software.  Are you using it as a RTSP/RTP client?  If so, then what is *transmitting* the RTP (& RTCP) packets?  (Does the transmitter also use our software?)

The "tv_sec" value in a presentation time (a "struct timeval") is supposed to be treated as an integer, not as an unsigned.  It *can* be negative, but usually won't be, because they will usually be (but are not required to be, unless the transmitter uses our server software) aligned with 'wall clock' time.  In any case, they should not be "negative numbers, increasing in absolute value".  If you are a RTP/RTCP receiver, and are seeing values like this, then your transmitter's RTP/RTCP implementation is probably broken.

Or are your presentation times coming from somewhere else (other than a "RTPSource")?  If so, please explain.