[Live-devel] Problem streaming live audio and video

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Thu Jan 17 06:28:20 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to stream live H.264 video and live G.711 audio, using
testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp as an example. Both video
and audio come from hardware encoders. As soon as encoded buffer
is available, live555 code is notified via event trigger associated
with media source. I'm using VLC to play the stream.

The problem is that video freezes almost immediately.
If only video is streamed, there's no problem.

I suspect that audio can starve video since audio frame size produced
by encoder is 160 bytes and some find of aggregation is required.
Does this sound right ?

Thanks a lot.

Felix.