[Live-devel] Problem streaming live audio and video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 17 08:13:25 PST 2013

>> That's a possibility.  However a more likely cause of problems like this is that you are setting "fPresentationTime" incorrectly for one or both of your audio and video substreams - so they end up being non-synchronized at the receiver (VLC) end.
>>
>> For each frame delivered by your input source, "fPresentationTime" must be set properly, and must be aligned with 'wall clock' time - i.e., the time that you'd get by calling "gettimeofday()".
>
> I do set fPresentationTime using gettimeofday() in my implementation of DeviceSource. It's the same class for both video and audio.

That's good.  Nonetheless, the symptoms you describe are consistent with bad presentation times, so - just to be sure - I suggest that you try running "testRTSPClient" as your client application, and check that the frame presentation times are sane.

Also, because you report that you can stream video-only, but have a problem only when you try to stream both audio and video, I suggest that you try streaming audio-only.