[Live-devel] Parsing frames received by testRTSPClient

Marathe, Yogesh yogesh_marathe at ti.com
Tue Jan 29 07:29:20 PST 2013

Thanks Ross. Instead of adding a MediaSink I decided to add implementation for identifying NAL units in afterGettingFrames() of DummySink. I added some parameters in DummySink for received bitrate calculation and that seems to be working for me and my decoder is now able to decode streams. I was actually interested how much CPU load is consumed while doing this so I didn't go for MediaSink implementation that you suggested.

Since, I just want to receive stream and send to decoder, do you think using testRTSPClient over OpenRTSP would be an advantage or there should be no difference if either one is used from CPU cycles perspective? I'm about to profile both on my system.

I had read in one of the FAQs Live555 is not thread safe. Does that mean if a multithreaded application wants to use it, application has to synchronize between objects it is using from Live555?

Regards,
Yogesh.