[Live-devel] Parsing frames received by testRTSPClient

Marathe, Yogesh yogesh_marathe at ti.com
Tue Jan 29 20:12:57 PST 2013

Thanks of answers.

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:05 AM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Parsing frames received by testRTSPClient

Since, I just want to receive stream and send to decoder, do you think using testRTSPClient over OpenRTSP would be an advantage or there should be no difference if either one is used from CPU cycles perspective? I'm about to profile both on my system.

Both applications use about the same amount of CPU.  However, "testRTSPClient" is much cleaner and easier to understand (because, in contrast, "openRTSP" has many optional features).  So "testRTSPClient" is what you should use as a model.

 I had read in one of the FAQs Live555 is not thread safe.

That's true, but somewhat misleading.  It's like saying that a high-speed rail carriage is not 'airworthy'.

Does that mean if a multithreaded application wants to use it, application has to synchronize between objects it is using from Live555?

This is all explained very clearly in the FAQ - that everyone was asked to read before posting to this mailing list.  See:
            http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads