[Live-devel] RTP stream retransmit

Zvika Meiseles zvika.meiseles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:46:01 PST 2013

I've written some code using the live555 library that receives an RTP MPEG2
stream, converts it to TS and transmits it using RTP to another address.

The incoming RTP stream is a live feed coming from a camera.
In order not to be vulnerable to networking delays, I've implemented a
FramedFilter that takes the TS packets and puts them in a queue.
The "client" of this queue is a SimpleRTPSink, which reads them through a
MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.
The frames are "released" from the queue after a slight delay.
The idea was for the "Framer" to read the frames in near-live rate, and the
RTPSource to put frames into the queue in near-live rate. The initial
amount of "queued frames"  should allow slight differences between in/out
rates.

My problem is that the "Framer" reports most of the frames' duration as
"0.0", and as a result 'uSecondsToGo' in the RTPSink is always 0, and the
frames are sent out too fast.

Any idea how to get this to work?