[Live-devel] Need urgent help with RTSP client

Amit Pal amit.curl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 08:15:32 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to build my RTSP client using live555.

1) Can I use RTSP just for streaming not for session management. I mean we
have different way of establishing the session, and I just want to use
commands like play, pause etc. Is it mandatory to associate these commands
with session?

2) I do not want to use RTP, so just wana make sure whether I can use curl
for just controlling the stream through RTSP.

3) Which library shall I link in my project to use just the RTSP client
streaming section?

4) Is there any URL that I can pass to testRTSPClient to check how does it
work?

Regards