[Live-devel] Difference in timestamp while receiving data from server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 17 04:22:08 PDT 2013

>      "-------------------------------------------------------- Invalid timestamp 1165029457 - 1164089188"
>      here previous one was 1165029457 and after change it was 1164089188.

I notice that these presentation times correspond to dates in 2006.  Assuming that your server is using our software, you should make sure that the presentation times that it generates (for each of its frames) correspond to 'wall clock' time - i.e. the times that you would get by calling "gettimeofday()".

There's nothing wrong with having your server's clock think that it's 2006, but you must ensure that it uses its clock when computing frames' presentation times.