[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer Problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 7 14:14:09 PDT 2013

> Hi, I'm having a problem getting the testprog RTSP Server to actually show a video file. I encoded the video file myself so it should be the correct format (MPEG4 H.264 Baseline AVC).

Is this a H.264 Video *Elementary Stream* file - i.e., with video only, and *not* in a MPEG-4 file format?  If so, then our server should be able to stream the file - but only if you give it a filename with the ".264" filename extension.

The SDP output that you posted shows that the server thought that the video was "MP4V-ES", which meant that you must have given your filename a ".m4e" filename extension.  This is *incorrect* if your video is H.264; you should use a ".264" filename extension instead.

(Note also that our server cannot currently stream from a 'mp4' format file - only from (H.264 or MPEG-4) Elementary Stream files.)