[Live-devel] Streaming faster than real time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 9 23:24:06 PDT 2013

> When streaming RTP from a file (say video.h264) the video streams to the network at the real time rate, I assume by parsing the sps/pps info and throttling the network writes to that frame rate.

Correct.

> Is there a way to stream out at wire speed (or some scale) instead?

If you want to send the data at 'wire speed', then what you want is "file transfer", not "streaming".  In that case, just use a file transfer mechanism - e.g., HTTP or "scp".

Alternatively, of course, it's also possible to use RTSP to request 'fast forward' streaming (i.e., with a "scale" value >1), although our RTSP server implementation currently does not implement this when streaming from a H.264 file.