[Live-devel] Streaming faster than real time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 10 11:37:11 PDT 2013

> Somewhere in the code you must have some logic to throttle to the parsed framerate, else you would stream out at wire speed since you're reading from a file and don't have to wait for live video.  If I simply remove that throttle then I am magically RTP streaming at wire speed, i.e. a file copy over RTP.  What I am trying to get is a pointer to where this throttle is in the code.

Well yeah, if you were to add
	uSecondsToGo = 0;
to line 406 of "liveMedia/MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp", then you'd stream RTP packets at 'wire speed'.  But why do this?  The receiver would likely lose several of these packets (e.g., due to an overflowing socket buffer in the receiver's OS), with no way to recover the lost data.  If you want to do a "file copy", then why not do it properly - e.g., using "scp", or by putting the file on a HTTP server?

(Besides, once you've made changes to the supplied code, you can't expect any more support on this mailing list.)