[Live-devel] LIVE555 Streaming Media android port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 10 15:22:15 PDT 2013

> Hi,  is there an android port for LIVE555 Streaming Media.

'Android' is just a type of Linux, so one of our existing "config.*linux*' configuration files should work.  E.g., try running
	genMakefiles linux
to create your Makefiles.

> preferably a native executable?

The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code is intended for (advanced) developers, and so is provided in source-code form only.

(Binary executables are provided only for the "LIVE555 Media Server" application, because that is the only consumer-level application that we current provide.  However, our Linux binary executable for the "LIVE555 Media Server" is for Intel x86 platforms, and probably won't work on most 'Android'-capable hardware.)