[Live-devel] Streaming H.264 avc

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 10 15:41:36 PDT 2013

> I wanted to know if the live supports streaming of H.264/MPEG4 AVC (part 10) (h264).

Of course it does.  We provide several examples of this.

> I ran the testOnDemandRTSPServer,
>
> but when I stream the h.264 movie and play it with vlc, the image is corrupted.
> The format of the video is mpg.
>
> I don't know where I went wrong...

Probably the filename (extension) that you used.

Is your file a H.264 Video Elementary Stream file?  If so, use a ".264" filename extension (e.g., "test.264" for streaming by "testOnDemandRTSPServer").

However, you said that "The format of your video is mpg".  I don't know that that means, but the ".mpg" filename extension is used for MPEG-1 or 2 Audio+Video Program Stream files, which is almost certainly not what you want.  So don't call your file "test.mpg".

If you are sure that your file is a H.264 Video Elementary Stream file, then please put the file on a publically-accessible web (or FTP) server, and post the URL (not the file itself) to the "live-devel" mailing list, and we'll take a look at it, to see if we can figure out what's wrong.

See
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#my-file-doesnt-work
(which everyone was asked to read before posting to this mailing list).