[Live-devel] Recommended IP Cameras for OpenRTSP?

Dan Coffey dan_coffey at harvard.edu
Wed Jun 19 18:52:09 PDT 2013

Hi There,

I have been working on a project to record audio/video from IP security
cameras where people are giving talks in a room.

I have been working with Axis p1354 cameras capturing H.264 + AAC.  I have
had major issues keeping audio/video in sync.  I first tried FFMPEG, then
VLC, and finally openRTSP.

Does anyone have an IP camera that they could recommend for a project like
this (1080p 30fps is ideal).  The final destination for the videos is
youtube, the problem is that some videos lose sync or are rejected by
youtube.

I have tried the -y (sometimes causes issues when I try to upload to
youtube or transcode with ffmpeg) and I have tried -l (causes all kinds of
video artifacts).  If I leave out -y, the video is not rejected by youtube
but can lose sync over time.

Thanks for any advice!

Dan