[Live-devel] RTSP client and SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime

Yaobing Deng yaobing at jriver.com
Tue Jun 25 07:59:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am using the RTSP client of Live555 in my application. The purpose is
to support CableCARD tuners.  I got it working for some devices (such as
Ceton InfiniTV) but encountered a problem with SiliconDust's HDHomeRun
PRIME.  What I found out (and also confirmed by SiliconDust support) is
that the device sends a value of 96 for payload type in the SDP
description, like the following,

v=0
t=0 0
a=type:broadcast
a=recvonly
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 MP2T/27000000

but when the actual video is streamed, the type is of value 33.

In MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp, such packets are ignored:

void MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler1()
{

     // Check the Payload Type.
     if ((unsigned char)((rtpHdr&0x007F0000)>>16)
     != rtpPayloadFormat()) {
       break;
     }

}

I have not received an explanation from SiliconDust on why this happens,
but I would like to ask you whether there should be a way to accommodate
such situation instead of rejecting the packets outright.

Can this be fixed/worked around?

Thanks for listening.

Yaobing