[Live-devel] REG: USING "testMPEG1OR2VideoReceiver" Application

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 26 02:36:35 PDT 2013

> Actually, I need to read  RTP/RTCP (video) stream in a network by  a device that is connected to that network .

Is the RTP/RTCP stream accessible via RTSP (i.e., from a "rtsp://" URL)?  If so, use our "openRTSP" client application.

If not, then is the stream being send via multicast, or unicast?  Does it have a SDP description?  What RTP payload format(s) (i.e., codec(s)) does the stream use?

In other words, we would need to know a *lot* more about this stream until we could tell you how to receive it using our software.

In any case, because you appear to be somewhat 'out of your depth' here, I suggest that you try to learn a lot more about our software - and about RTP in general - first.