[Live-devel] Breaking change

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Mon Mar 11 08:41:17 PDT 2013

The namespace would allow us to get away from the define which is a text substitution and is what causes the clash.

However. What about something like

#if Defined(USE_LIVE555_NAMESPACES)
 # define OPENLIVENS namespace {
 # define CLOSELIVENS } // close namespace LIVE555
 # define LIVENS  LIVE555::
#else
 # define OPENLIVENS
 # define CLOSELIVENS }
 # define LIVENS
#endif

Then they do not exist unless you disable the #define USE_LIVE555_NAMESPACES in the main header

This message and any attachments contain confidential and proprietary information, and may contain privileged information, belonging to one or more affiliates of Windy City Wire Cable & Technology Products, LLC. No privilege is waived by this transmission. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of such information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any printouts or copies of it, and notify the sender immediately by e-mail or phone.