[Live-devel] Tracked down the problem with latency

Chris Van Brederode cvanbrederode at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:01:29 PDT 2013

Thanks for the reply

I went ahead and re-implemented MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession (as
MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession2) using a preferredFrameSize of 200.  I
did this before you responded, and it turned out it works relatively well.
 VLC still has some hiccoughs here and there with the video, but the OCU
software that is the actual client that we will use in production is
relatively well behaved.  (Turns out they use the live555 library also...
:-) )  Latency is good and connections setup quickly.

We're in somewhat of a time crunch here, so I'm going to put this under the
"well-enough" category for now since I have to move on to getting 3DS Max
imports working and creating the new UGV in software.  But when I have the
time to spend on it I'll come back and see if I can my on On demand
subsession working.  Hopefully it will let me put the encoder and streamer
functions in one executable.

Chris V.